8 December 2009

sammy's wish: pauline edie jewellery


I totally fell in love with Pauline Edie's jewellery when I was
looking online to see what other makers were putting work
in The Devon Guild's xmas exhibition "wrapped up".

I did a post about the exhibition {here} and had to mention
her work because it totally intrigued me when I came
across her website.

We delivered work for the exhibition and then, about a week
and a half later, got a call to say that most of our mirrors
had sold already. So we delivered a few more and got to
see the exhibition set up and Pauline's beautiful jewellery!


Inspired by childhood stories and illustrations, Pauline uses
porcelain, white precious metal, gold glaze and
oxidised precious metal for her brooches, rings,
bangles and neck pieces.
Some of her pieces have her sketches transferred onto the porcelain too.

I love the whole collection but I think my favourite piece
is the rapunzel's hair neck piece.

You can see more of her work on her website .. {click here}
and also in the "wrapped up" exhibition which is on
until the 3rd of january 2010.


{a little wish came true - I bought one of Pauline's rings from the exhibition}

No comments:

Post a Comment