16 July 2009

shigeru ban


"I'm only interested in making something different.
I have no interest in following fashion.
And when you look at the history of architecture, when somebody
develops a new type of structure or material,
a new type of architecture emerges.
I like to develop my own structural systems & materials to make the work my own."


- Shigeru Ban


paper house


maison E


wall-less house


villa kuru


curtain wall house


naked house


japan pavillion


maison E


paper - bamboo - wood - glass - material - nature

transparent - open - fluid - elegant


www.shigerubanarchitects.com


image credits: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 - Hiroyuki Hirai. 2 & 8 - Nikolas Koenig.

2 comments:

  1. thanks Matt, I thought you would like them. He is one of our favourite architects - we love the way he uses paper tubes and gives some of his buildings "skin".

    ReplyDelete